I'm really glad that Jamie and I got to go on a mini-date tonight, just the two of us. It's so weird- and kinda scary- how quickly the married life can become ritualistic and mundane if not nurtured intentionally and lovingly. He's been working the 9-6 real world job, and by the time he gets home, I cook, we eat dinner, walk the dog, watch a little TV, and we're pooped (especially whenever I'm opening and having to get up at 4:30 am). Especially now that we have a dog, it seems so easy just to get caught up in chores and taking care of her and just doing what needs to be done. It's crazy that this whole week, even though we've been together at nights and whatnot, I've missed him. So it was refreshing to put her in the crate and have some peace and quiet.
At dinner, we talked a lot about what we want to do in the next year or so (something we've been putting off for a long time, and we're starting to run out of excuses). It's really starting to be exciting, because I know that as scared and apprehensive as we both might be, what our hearts long for is adventure and risk and passionate pursuit of our dreams. Part of me wants to go to grad school, but another part of me wants to jump right into teaching. Part of me wants to be a freelance writer or a novelist or essayist, but part of me wants to pursue full-time professional photography. Ahhhhhh! It's so frustrating sometimes, because I want to use my gifts, but I don't know how to, and I don't know which ones to use, and I don't want others to go to waste. And then I worry that I'm not good enough or brave enough to go after what I really want to do, but I don't want to forever be planning and scheming and never acting. So anyway. That's where we stand for now.
On to to watching Death at a Funeral... Yay for quirky British comedy!
2 comments:
hooray! Death at a funeral is effing hilarious. Good call, there.
boo: flatworms.
Hope Gretchen starts feeling better soon...
BUG EGGS ARE PEOPLE TOO.
I'm pro-life :)
Post a Comment